[postgis-users] Divide 1 Polygon into 2 polygons with a linestring

Baris YILMAZ baris_999 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 11:00:21 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a problem. I have a polygon and a Linestring. The linestring enters at one point the polygon and leaves at another. In other words, it goes through the polygon. I need to divide the polygon into two pieces, one right to the linestring and one left.

Is there any method doing this? Can anyone help me? I searched also in JTS package but I couldn't find anything.

I 'll appreciate your help.

Best Regards
Baris