[postgis-users] Google Earth/PostGIS integration

Brian Timoney brian at thetimoneygroup.com
Wed May 17 07:58:23 PDT 2006

All:

We've recently launched a site that studies the impacts of Rita & Katrina on
Gulf of Mexico energy production exclusively through Google Earth layers--

http://www.gulfimpact.com

In addition, we've integrated a PostGIS database to allow users to perform
buffering, clipping, and intersecting operations while keeping them in the GE
environment.

Finally, we've added the ability for a user to upload their own hypothetical
hurricane path as a .KMZ file so they can analyze potential impacts in the
future.

Thanks,

Brian

The Timoney Group