[postgis-users] am I misunderstanding distance() or a bug?

Jessica M Salmon jmsalmon at fs.fed.us
Mon May 22 08:25:54 PDT 2006

strk-

Thanks! That's kinda funny, that it wasn't commutative.

So, I'm new to this side of things. Do I need HEAD/geos or just
HEAD/postgis?

-Meghan

             strk at refractions.
             net
             postgis-users-bou         PostGIS Users Discussion
             nces at postgis.refr         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             actions.net               net>
                                                                        cc
                                       postgis-devel at postgis.refractions.n
             05/22/2006 07:12          et
                                       Re: [postgis-users] am I
                                       misunderstanding distance() or a
             Please respond to         bug?
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

I've found the bug.
I wonder how is it possible that no one noticed this before!

A side effect of the bug is that distance(a,b) can be different
from distance(b,a).
This applies to your testcase (urgh).

http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=108

If you can give a try to current head you should find it fixed.

Thanks for your report.

--strk;