[postgis-users] displaying a specific extent of the map

simflex simflex at millenniumhealthproducts.com
Thu May 25 06:16:01 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

First time user of this forum.

We use a sql server db to store data including x, y values. and using ASP on the front end to retrieve data

Currently, we are do have a summary report laid out thus:

incident id   first name     last name  incident type, incident location

1                John           Doe            vehicular          amber street

Our issue arises because we want to be able to click on incident id to zoom directly to the extent of the map where the incident occurred.

so far, we are struggling with this. any ideas would greatly appreciated.

Here is what we have got so far:

function zoomToExtent(box) {
   box_array = box.split(" ");
   minx = box_array[0]*1;
   miny = box_array[1]*1;
   maxx = box_array[2]*1;
   maxy = box_array[3]*1;
   width = (maxx - minx) + 200;
   height = maxy - miny;
   centerx = minx + (width / 2.0);
   centery = miny + (height / 2.0);
  lonlatPt = map.mcsToLonLat(centerx, centery);
  lon = lonlatPt.getX();
   lat = lonlatPt.getY();
   map.zoomWidth(lat, lon, width, 'FT');
}