[postgis-users] Geospatial LinuxLive distro?

dnrg dananrg at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 07:31:53 PDT 2006

Thanks Steven. I will have a look at OpenEV.

Do you happen to know if there are any LinuxLive
distros out there that contain GIS clients like uDig,
QGIS, GRASS, etc, with some rudimentary spatial data
to play with? Seems to me like it would be a fun way
to expose people to open source GIS.

The distro could strip out non-essential,
non-geospatial apps to make everything fit on one CDR.

If someone hasn't already put an open source
geospatial LinuxLive distro together, someone should.
I'd do it myself, but don't have a lot of experience
with Linux itself (though I used to be a Solaris /
Tru64 / Irix / sysadmin maaaaany moons ago).

I don't want to install Linux on my laptop at the
moment, but it would be terrific to boot a LinuxLive
CDR and be able to sample some of the open source GIS
clients and analysis tools that are out there for
Linux.

Dana

http://openev.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=features

http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/pg81/postgis-pg81-setup-1.1.2-1.exe