[postgis-users] Re: Further PostGIS / GEOS problems

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:02:28 PST 2006

To follow up...

I posted a bit too quickly - I was missing a c++ compiler.  However,
I'm not in the clear yet - I still have these errors when running
configure:

checking for iconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no

So I ran

# dpkg -S libiconv
libiconv-hook-dev: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
libiconv-hook-dev: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook-dev/changelog.gz
libiconv-hook1: /usr/lib/libiconv_hook.so.1
libiconv-hook1: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook1/changelog.gz
libiconv-hook-dev: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook-dev/copyright
libiconv-hook1: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook1/changelog.Debian.gz
libiconv-hook-dev: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook-dev
libiconv-hook-dev: /usr/lib/libiconv_hook.so
libiconv-hook1: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook1
libiconv-hook1: /usr/lib/libiconv_hook.so.1.0.0
libiconv-hook1: /usr/share/doc/libiconv-hook1/copyright
libiconv-hook1: /usr/lib/libiconv_hook.a

and I have all the libraries isntalled, so now I am at a bit of a dead
end.  If I run make and make install, there are no explicit error
messages in the terminal, but when I log into postgres and run:

# SELECT postgis_full_version();
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1.1": No such file
or directory
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  postgis_lib_version()"
PL/pgSQL function "postgis_full_version" line 11 at select into variables

>From the end of configure:

   PROJ: prefix=/usr libdir=/usr/lib

Locate:

locate liblwgeom.so.1.1
/usr/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1

So I am wondering if the build was successfull?

The output of configure is posted here:

http://www.blacksworld.net/projects/stuff/conifgure_postgis.txt

Thanks again,

Nick