[postgis-users] How convert pgsql2shp UTF8 to shapefile SQL_ASCII

Luksana Sridawong meawkittycat2004 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 19:56:59 PST 2006

Hi everybody

  I have a problem to use function convert pgsql2shp.I create database encoding UTF8 and I wish convert pgsql to shapefile that is encoding SQL_ASCII.

  ** I try to use iconv(PHP function) to convert
     iconv("UTF-8","SQL_ASCII",$data);
     !! but not succeed
     and I try to use postgresql function
   SELECT convert($data using utf8_to_windows_874);or      SELECT convert($data using utf8_to_ascii);
     !! but not succeed too.

  How I can do it?(WIN874 is THAI language)

  thank you forword.
  meaw.