[postgis-users] Converting From MULTILINESTRINGM to MULTILINESTRING

Thomas Zuberbuehler tzuberbuehler at datacomm.ch
Wed Nov 15 13:48:18 PST 2006

Hi Craig
Hi Strk

Unfortunately this are data from a government authority, that I
receive for my thesis (diploma) at the university. Sorry, I became
gladly, but it's not legal in this case. I hope you have
understanding.

I've got a error like this:

ERROR: new row for relation "routes" violates check constraint
"enforce_geotype_the_geom"

I found some solution in the meantime:

select AddGeometryColumn('','routes','the_geom2','21781','MULTILINESTRING', 2);
update routes set the_geom2 = force_2d(the_geom);
alter table routes drop column the_geom;

Thank you.
Regards,
Thomas

2006/11/15, strk at refractions.net <strk at refractions.net>:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 10:10:49PM +0100, Thomas Zuberbuehler wrote:
>
> > I have the exact similar problem. How did you found a solution? The
> > force_2d operation,  which is in the mailinglist suggested, functioned
> > unfortunately not.
>
> Do you have a testcase to support this statement ?
> I'd add to the regress tests if so.
>
> --strk;

Thomas Zuberbuehler
http://www.zubi.li