[postgis-users] Calculate distance from coastline to the point on the sea

Aleks F. technoplague at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 12:15:43 PST 2006

Hello!

I am a newbie user of postgis so don't blame me if something i said
seems to be wrong.
I have postgis installed and running. Our lecturer gave us  a task,
which includes the distance calculation from the coastline to the point
on the sea.
Can you give any hints how i could achieve proper calculations?
I made a search  thorough  the list, although found nothing that could
really help.
Another question i have is about pgDijksta implementation. Did anyone
succeed  in running it on linux distribution of postgres?
Any steps how to make an integration with a postgres?

Please assist!

thanks in advance,

Aleks F.