[postgis-users] looking for some perf data

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Nov 21 10:53:24 PST 2006

It's not so much a matter of "better" as it is a matter of "good
enough". As long as your data volume remains low enough, you can keep
your simple non-spatial tables and b-trees. At some point you'll flip
though and need to move to spatial for "adequate" performance.  It all
depends on your definitions of "large" and "adequate", none of which are
  in scope for me :)