[postgis-users] PostGIS - hibernate (new postgis.jar)

Jan Syryn jan.syryn at trasys.be
Mon Nov 27 08:39:28 PST 2006

Hi Markus,

The thing I did to be able to continue is I have created a postgis_addon.jar
lib that contained only new stuff like BinaryWriter.class and
GeometryUserType.
And that works. It does not solve the problem, though I can use the latest
version of postgis.

I tried to use the tip I found in my previous posting by changing the name
of the postgresql-jdbc.jar drvier to pg-jdbc.jar driver with my new build
postgis2.jar (version 1.1.5)
I did not help.
If I remove the 2 stub files (PGConnection and Connection) from postgis2.jar
: same result.
It stucks again on "No suitable driver".
If I replace the postgis2.jar by postgis.jar(1.1.0) and postgis_addon.jar by
changing the settings on the classpath, everything works again.

So, I assume there is a thing in postgis2.jar.
And to create my postgis2.jar, I made a separate project in Eclipse, created
a jar file of almost all java files(exl examples). This should do it, no ?

Anyway, I included my postgis2.jar so maybe one can replace his one with
mine and see what that does.
Or maybe one sees what I am doing wrong elsewhere...

TIA,
Jan