[postgis-users] Dxf to PostGIS

Arnaud Lesauvage thewild at freesurf.fr
Mon Oct 2 02:55:35 PDT 2006

Guglielmo Raimondi wrote:
> A tool to convert DXF files to PostGIS geometry tables. A single DXF file is
> converted to a PostgreSQL/PostGIS SQL script to create and populate 4
> tables, using the AutoCAD information of point, line, polyline, text,
> circle, insert.

Hi Guglielmo !
Very nice tool !
I ran this script on one of my DXF files. It worked well, except
for polygons : none where created, even though there are many
closed polylines in the drawing.
Are there some restrictions that I should beaware of ?

I have downloaded the source code, but I need some time to dig
into it.

Regards
--
Arnaud Lesauvage