[postgis-users] Dxf to PostGIS

Guglielmo Raimondi g.raimondi at glasic.it
Tue Oct 3 01:27:44 PDT 2006

> Guglielmo Raimondi wrote:
> > A tool to convert DXF files to PostGIS geometry tables. A single DXF
file is
> > converted to a PostgreSQL/PostGIS SQL script to create and populate 4
> > tables, using the AutoCAD information of point, line, polyline, text,
> > circle, insert.
>

> Hi Guglielmo !
> Very nice tool !
> I ran this script on one of my DXF files. It worked well, except
> for polygons : none where created, even though there are many
> closed polylines in the drawing.
> Are there some restrictions that I should beaware of ?
>
> I have downloaded the source code, but I need some time to dig
> into it.
>
> Regards
> --
> Arnaud Lesauvage

Dear Arnaud,

Thank you for your interest in this tool!

I should write a README and a small user guide, anyway I tested the program
only with Dxf files produced with AutoCAD R12/LT2 so far.

Contributions are welcome! Please let me know if you find the reason why it
doesn't work for your polygons! Or you can send me some file to test.

I have set up a new mailing list for discussions related to the Dxf2postgis
tool on Sourceforge.net, here is the link to register:

Kind regards,
  Guglielmo Raimondi