[postgis-users] Compilation problem: 1.1.4 with PostgreSQL 7.3

Antonio Grassi agrassic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 02:35:38 PDT 2006

Hi. I had the same problem some days ago with and old version of gcc. I
changed to a newer version (3.3.5) and everything worked ok. If you don't
want to upgrade, look at the source code of lwgeom_gist.c, you will see a
couple of preprocessor directives around those lines, to differenciate
between version >=8.2 and < 8.2 of postgres, with an if, else and endif.
Just remove those directives and leave the code in the section corresponding
to your case (<8.2)

After changing that, I think the same thing occurs again somewhere else in
lwgeom_gist.c. Do the same there.

Antonio