[postgis-users] extracting zipcode bundaries from tiger2005se basedata

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Wed Oct 18 09:42:29 PDT 2006

What you want to extract are ZCTAs, which aren't the exact same thing as
ZIP codes, but they are the closest thing to them in the TIGER data. They
can be extracted like any other polygon layer. The list of ZCTAs is in the
'A' record type under ZCTA5CU and then you build the polygons using the
associated POLYID and CENID codes.