[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.1.5 Win32 Binaries for PostgreSQL 8.2 beta 1 available

TECHER David davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 18 21:48:47 PDT 2006

Hi PostGISers,

 PostGIS 1.1.5 is out!

[I am waiting  Marc does the installer ;-)]
!! BUT IT IS A TEMPORAY SOLUTION that I give you here!!

Since the postgis Win32 installer for 1.1.5 is not yet available, I've
built my own binaries

from postgresql 8.2beta1 for

* postgresql 8.2 beta1
*  geos 2.2.3 (As Paul said in a recent a mail, I'm agree with him for
the idea to wait before
                       building geos 3.0.0rc1 on win32 since it is in
dev version.)
* proj 4.4.9
* postgis 1.1.5

I've built it from the source which was used for the postgreql 8.2 beta1
available at

ftp://ftp.fr.postgresql.org/source/v8.2beta1/

As Marc said and fixed the bug for MinGW (see his recent mail), all
regression test succeeded!

pgsql2shp too ;-) (thanks Marc)

INSTRUCTIONS:
==========

POSTGREQL:
Install postgresql 8.2 beta1 o win32 from

ftp://ftp.fr.postgresql.org/binary/v8.2beta1/win32/

it should be installed in "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1" by default

- !! INSTALL IT WITHOUT THE OPTIONAL POSTGIS !! -

POSTGIS:

U can download the binaries from here

http://www.davidgis.fr/download/win32/postgis-1.1.5/postgis-1.1.5-win32.zip

I don't try to build the java drivers (not enough times sorry!)

unzip it into "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1"

In order to creating a PostGIS Database called "testgis"

as postgres user do

createdb testgis
psql -d testgis -f C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1\share\contrib\lwpostgis.sql"
psql -d testgis -f C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.2beta1\share\contrib\lspatial_ref_sys.sql"

I hope this instructions above will work for you ;-)
and Marc will have enough times to build the installer ;-)

--
--david;
http://www.davidgis.fr