[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.1.5 Win32 Binaries for PostgreSQL 8.2 beta 1 available

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Oct 20 11:18:42 PDT 2006

Hello list/David,

I tried using these binaries with the PG 8.2 beta 1 windows binaries,
and when I tried loading PostGIS, I got the following:

postgres=# \i ../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql
BEGIN
NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:47: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is
not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not load library "D:/PSQL82/lib/liblwgeom.dll": The
specified module could not be found.

psql:../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:47: ERROR:  could not load library
"D:/PSQL82/lib/liblwgeom.dll": The specified module could not be found.

ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:52: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
etc....
etc....
etc....
psql:../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3685: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:../share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:3732: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK
postgres=#

The library is definitely found at "D:/PSQL82/lib/liblwgeom.dll", so I
checked using Dependency Walker, and it seems that the dll isn't linking
to postgres.exe and liblwgeom_c-1.dll (both of which are in the bin
folder).  I tried adding the bin folder to the PATH environment
variable, but still no luck.  Any guesses?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Mike