[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] GEOS crashing PostgreSQL?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Oct 25 03:26:52 PDT 2006

Hi, Strk,

Markus Schaber wrote:

>>> Can I do anything to assist you?
>> Ehm... sure, get access to a 64bit host and patch lwgeom/lwgeom_geos_c.c
>> so that works with GEOS-2.2.3 CAPI interface :)
>> I'm not an SVN power user, but the quicker way is probably reviewing
>> the changes since 1.1.4 and revert them.
>
> I'll try.

It's as simple as:

svn diff \
http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/tags/1.1.4/lwgeom/lwgeom_geos_c.c \
http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/trunk/lwgeom/lwgeom_geos_c.c

That just gives that one single change in ptarray_from_GEOSCoordSeq

Now pipe that through | patch -R in the lwgeom directory, and it's
reverted. :-)

That fixes the regression tests on AMD64, at least against GEOS 2.2.1 (I
don't have 2.2.3 around yet.)

But I now noticed that I've failures on test 14 and 28 on my 32-bit
developer machine, with and without the patch. I'll dig into this further...

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org