[postgis-users] Raster in DB ?

Marshall, Steve smarshall at wsi.com
Sun Oct 29 18:07:08 PST 2006

The discussion on raster-in-DB are still open and continuing.  Most recently, I've started a page on the PostGIS Wiki to capture some of the design issues:

http://postgis.refractions.net/support/wiki/index.php?PgRasterDesign

I've also been doing some very preliminary performance testing using TOAST as an underlying storage mechanism for raster data.  The idea is to get an early idea about the feasibility of raster-in-DB.

Steve Marshall