[postgis-users] OpenGIS Compliance

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Sep 5 05:17:17 PDT 2006

Paul,

Well done!!  A lot of hard work and persistance went into that
certification!   I also appreciate the image of the certificate, suitable
for inclusion in Impress/Powerpoint presentations, if you have no
objections ;-).

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             Paul Ramsey
             <pramsey at refracti
             ons.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  PostGIS Users Discussion
             postgis-users-bou         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             nces at postgis.refr         net>
             actions.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/04/2006 01:58          [postgis-users] OpenGIS Compliance
             PM

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

For everyone who has wanted to tell the world that PostGIS is "certified
compliant" (as opposed to merely "being compliant", which we have been
for over two years), good news:

<http://postgis.refractions.net/news/index.php?file=20060901.data>

I updated and submitted the existing extras/ogc_test_suite a month and a
bit ago, and we recently received our official documentation:

<http://postgis.refractions.net/opengis-certification.png>

So now we have a pedigree :)