[postgis-users] Compile errors with the latest SVN

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Mon Sep 11 09:12:09 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:36:10AM -0600, Bruce Rindahl wrote:
> In the /usr/local/pgsql/include I have all the PostgreSQL headers:
>
> ecpg_informix.h  internal            pg_config_os.h      pgtypes_timestamp.h
> ecpgerrno.h      libpq               pgtypes_date.h      postgres_ext.h
> ecpglib.h        libpq-fe.h          pgtypes_error.h     server
> ecpgtype.h       pg_config.h         pgtypes_interval.h  sql3types.h
> informix         pg_config_manual.h  pgtypes_numeric.h   sqlca.h
>
> The pg_config.h gives the following versions of PostgreSQL:
>
> /* Define to the full name of this package. */
> #define PACKAGE_NAME "PostgreSQL"
>
> /* Define to the full name and version of this package. */
> #define PACKAGE_STRING "PostgreSQL 8.2devel"

Is /usr/local/pgsql/include the same directory as C:/msys/1.0/local/pgsql/include?
The latter is where PostGIS thinks the PostgreSQL header files are.
What does "pg_config --version --includedir --includedir-server"
show?  And where are the 8.1.4 headers?  gcc appears to be finding
them first, resulting in a mismatch between the number of arguments
that gistentryinit() expects (defined in a header file) and the
number of arguments that PostGIS passes (conditional compilation
based on USE_VERSION).

--
Michael Fuhr