[postgis-users] ogr2ogr creating shapefile

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Mon Sep 11 14:31:42 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I have been trying to figure out how to create a shapefile using ogr2ogr. I
haven't been able to find much on it through google and the user pages so I
thought one of you might be able to help.

Here's my statement:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" test "PG:dbname=mydb host=localhost
user=postgres password=postgres" -sql "Select pop from getPop()"

When I click enter I get an Application Error that states the memory could
not be "read". I'm sure it's in my syntax, but I can't figure it out. I
would like to know if there are other ways to accomplish this as well.

Thank you,
Frances Collier