[postgis-users] Exporting to ESRI's ArcGIS

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Wed Sep 13 14:32:57 PDT 2006

There is an extension called pgarc that that has most of the functionality
you might be looking for.  See:
http://pgarc.sourceforge.net/
I have taken the code and made some changes.  I ported it to the new code
for 9.x.  It will load the extent of the display view and defines the
projection for the resultant shapefile that is loaded on the local machine.
It can write to a PostGIS database but the functionality is limited - I
haven't really needed it.
I have had limited success in contacting the authors of pgarc to see if they
are interested in updating the project.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Rindahl