[postgis-users] Exporting to ESRI's ArcGIS

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Wed Sep 13 14:57:47 PDT 2006

The problem is ArcGIS does not respond to a "spatial" dsn.  All of the
spatial functions are buried in the ArcGIS code.  SDE connections simply
grab the binary blob in the database and ArcGIS grabs is from there.  Pgarc
created a SQL command for the data and parses the WKT format into a
shapefile.
By the way, there is a great PostGIS interface for ArcView 3.x that works
great.  It is at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avpgcon/
Bruce Rindahl