[postgis-users] Spatial indexes

James Rutter James.Rutter at surreyheath.gov.uk
Mon Sep 18 06:32:02 PDT 2006

I'm fairly new to Postgis so am finding my feet gradually.

I've created a view on a spatial table and added a line into the
geometry_columns table to reference the view. The problem I've got is
trying to pass on to the client (in my case Cadcorp GIS system)
information about a spatial index. I know that a view is essentially an
'on the fly' reconstruction of a query on a table but is there any way
to associate a spatial index with a view?

James Rutter

GIS Manager

Surrey Heath Borough Council

Surrey Heath House

Knoll Road

Camberley

GU15 3HD

Tel: 01276 707200

Fax: 01276 707516

This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee only.
The information contained in this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, the use
of the information contained in this email or any disclosure, copying
or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender or mailadmin at surreyheath.gov.uk.

Surrey Heath Borough Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and
outgoing email to ensure compliance with current procedures. This email has
been checked for computer viruses prior to sending, but it is also your
responsibility to virus check the email upon receipt.

www.surreyheath.gov.uk