[postgis-users] PgRouting - Open Source routing solution for PostgreSQL! Please help me.

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Sep 22 03:51:52 PDT 2006

Nguyen Thi Van An wrote:
> [root at anntv routing]# make install i386-redhat-linux-gcc -O2 -g -pipe
> -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
> --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic
> -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fpic -shared -Wl,-soname,librouting.so.0
> dijkstra.o boost_wrapper.o astar.o astar_boost_wrapper.o drivedist.o
> boost_drivedist.o tsp.o tsp_solver.o alpha.o alpha_drivedist.o
> -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lstdc++ -lgaul_util -lgaul -lCGAL
> -o librouting.so.0.0 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lCGAL collect2: ld
> returned 1 exit status make: *** [librouting.so.0.0] Error 1
>
> I don't know what error  it is. Please help me!

The error says that linker can not find the CGAL library,
more precisely file with libCGAL basename.
Linker searches for this file in paths given with -L options,
so check if there is any file starting with libCGAL in following
directories (copied from your output above): /usr/lib

May be CGAL was installed into /usr/local prefix so the libraries can be
found in /usr/local/lib

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot