[postgis-users] geos error when compile

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Sep 28 01:11:39 PDT 2006

Hi, Claudio,

claudio cesar trevisani wrote:
> I'm installing a Postgresql "7.4.5" database on debian and I'm trying to
> install geos (1.0 ... 2.0...) for use with Postgis & Postgresql. After the
> configure (see below) I do a make and the error apear:

There are geos packages available for debian stable:
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=geos&searchon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all

PostGIS should be available via debian-gis:
http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/DebianGisRepository

So it might be you can get away without needing to compile yourself.

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org