[postgis-users] PostGIS Wrapper Scripts

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:02:43 PDT 2007

Periodically discussions pop up on the mailing list where some kind of
wrapper function around PostGIS functions is given as an answer.  I've
created a page on the wiki (
http://www.postgis.org/support/wiki/index.php?plpgsqlfunctions) to help keep
track of these small functions.  Hopefully this kind of thing can both help
people who are trying to do the same thing as well as give people some
examples of how to wrap PostGIS functions into the powerful procedural
languages of PostgreSQL.  I'm not sure that the Wiki is necessarily the best
place for this kind of repository and would love to hear any other
suggestions, but I think that keeping track of these "user" scripts is
definitely very valuable.

David