[postgis-users] new projection for Postgis

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Wed Apr 4 09:02:55 PDT 2007

Torsten,

* Torsten Lange <tlange at gwdg.de> [070404 17:25]:
> probably a newbie question: I miss the DHDN projection (Germany) in my
> Postgis data base and I'm sure it is rather simple to make that entries :-)
> I goggled but could't find a straightforward description of how to
> complement Postgis geodetic tables in general. I found that one may
> download an EPSG-database for Postgresql. Are these geodetic entries
> then available to Postgis?
> Currently I use Postgis on WindowsXP.

It would be helpful to know the version of PostGIS installed to
determine the EPSG-database version shipped with PostGIS:

        SELECT postgis_full_version();

provides this.

What does

        SELECT srid FROM spatial_ref_sys WHERE srtext ~ 'DHDN';

return? For me (running PostGIS 1.2.1) this results in 10 matching
entries.

Best regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann    |   ++49-541-335 08 30    |   http://www.intevation.net/
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE | Commercial Register Osnabrück, HR B 18998