[postgis-users] X3D and Postgis

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at camptocamp.com
Thu Apr 5 01:32:09 PDT 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:39:16 -0700
Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:

Hi Paul,

> AsX3D sounds fine to me, we'll see what we can do to get it
> integrated.

Great to read it !

> I'm less enthusiastic about a new type, however,
> particularly one not defined by any of the spatial database
> standards.

Yeah, not really surprised about it, i'm not so enthusiastic
either...

Martin Daly post could be helpful to deal with it anyway,
as SFS 1.2 introduce POLYHEDRON and TIN geometries.

It could be a good way to use a specific geometry type
(instead of the current hack), and a standard compliant one.

--
Olivier