[postgis-users] Geographic coordinates

Pedro Doria Meunier pdoria at netmadeira.com
Fri Apr 6 13:50:49 PDT 2007

Degrees.

Pedro.

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Tim
Keitt
Sent: sexta-feira, 6 de Abril de 2007 21:03
To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
Subject: [postgis-users] Geographic coordinates

Quick note: I loaded some data that had been transformed with ogr and
ended up with some polygons overlapping the 180 degrees E/W boundary
and thus had both positive and negative longitudes. This caused
problems with geometry operations like disjoint and intersection. (In
my case there were only a few and I could delete them.)

Also, I have a question: when data are in geographic coordinates, what
units are returned by the area function?

THK

--
Timothy H. Keitt, University of Texas at Austin
Contact info and schedule at http://www.keittlab.org/tkeitt/