[postgis-users] Latitude and Longitude format in PostGIS

Giuseppe Molinario g.molinario at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:03:55 PDT 2007

Brent,

Thank you - We are using the Sql code you gave us and it is working good.
We've managed to automate the Lat/long coordinates from an entering gprmc
format email right to our Web-GIS service.

Our problem now, that we are dealing with, is the creation of a line from
the inserted points. Do we really have to go back and use the linestring
from text function? converting again the lat/long coordinates? Or do can we
just use a Postgis function that "Connects the dots" from the postgis format
(have a geom column) points that are already in the DB?

Thanks again for th help guys!

Giuseppe