[postgis-users] RE: RE: RE: PostGIS - hibernate (new postgis.jar)

Rabbia Qaswar rabbiaqaswar at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 22:43:04 PDT 2007

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

----- Original Message ----
From: Norman Barker <nbarker at ittvis.com>
To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 7:02:58 PM
Subject: RE: [postgis-users] RE: RE: RE: PostGIS - hibernate (new postgis.jar)

Hi,

Yes you should change the dialect type in persistence.xml to
PostGISDialect and include the java class in your archive.

It should then be possible to make spatial object queries e.g.

Query intersects = entityManager.createQuery("Select
spatial.Intersects(p.location, person.location) from PersonEntity p,
PersonEntity as person where person = :person");

intersects.setParameter("person", p);

then executing this query will return populated people objects who are
within the same area.

Norman