[postgis-users] Errors in geometry.

Jennehag Åke Ake.Jennehag at lm.se
Sun Apr 15 23:25:31 PDT 2007

Hi!

I'm using PostGIS 1.2.0 and PostgreSQL 8.2. Then I run a query like (I'm using the SQL client in PgAdmin III):

SELECT gid, asgml(geom) FROM bishkekeni WHERE NOT st_isvalid(geom)

I get a lot of text in the message window. It looks like this:

NOTICE:  Self-intersection
NOTICE:  Self-intersection
NOTICE:  Ring Self-intersection
NOTICE:  Self-intersection

I understand that this is the same errors that st_isvalid(geom) function is printing out. But I would like to have the text like 'Self-intersection' on each row for the objects that are not valid. Is there a function to print out these errors (must be I can see them!!)? How do I use it?

Something like this??

SELECT gid, asgml(geom), magicfunction(geom) FROM bishkekeni WHERE NOT st_isvalid(geom)

Regards
Åke Jennehag
National Land Survey of Sweden