[postgis-users] Postgis performance

Webb Sprague webb.sprague at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 09:54:17 PDT 2007

Hi Ibrahim

Oh -- you need to read the docs on postgis (NOT mapserver) here:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/

You will index the geometries within the DATABASE, probably from an SQL prompt.

Mapserver is another layer altogether that calls the geo database but
doesn't manipulate it.

Does that help / make sense?