[postgis-users] [OT] Digital Freedom Expo - South Africa

Tomas Lanczos lanczos at t-zones.sk
Mon Apr 16 23:41:34 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am working on an offer to the Ministry of Environment in Slovakia a
solution for potential pollution point source management (database and
preliminary risk assessment) based on Postgres/Postgis, Grass and
Mapserver. It could be nice if we have an overview of Postgres/Postgis
and other OSS applications used in state administration all over the
world to show up an example.

BTW, here in Slovakia an EDCL (European Driving Computer Licence or
what) exam is required for employees in state administration - it's
scandalous that in fact it is about using of MS products. Is it the same
in other European countries?

Regards

Tomas Lanczos
Comenius University in Bratislava