[postgis-users] Shp2pgsql problem 2

Frank Koormann frank.koormann at intevation.de
Wed Apr 18 03:34:01 PDT 2007

* Stefan Hahmann <s.hahmann at mapchart.com> [070418 12:06]:

> Hi frank, david
>
> Thank you for your help with the shapefile import. Switching off the
> 32-bit option and changing the way the shp2pgsql | psql commands were
> invoked did help.
>
> But now another problem occured:
>
> After i have successfully loaded data into my table _g24 using
>
> shp2pgsql -s 4326 -c -I -D -k myshapefile1.shp public._g24 | psql -d
> mapdata
>
> I was not able to append data using
>
> shp2pgsql -s 4326 -c -I -D -k myshapefile2.shp public._g24 | psql -d
> mapdata

If the above is your actual command line, you don't append data but
try to overwrite existing data.

> Although myshapefile1.shp and myshapefile2 do have the same structure.

It would be helpful to get the get the first few lines from the first
series of sql statements (up to and including the COPY line) and from
the second series at least all up to the line cousing the error.

Regards,

        Frank

--
Frank Koormann    |   ++49-541-335 08 35    |   http://www.intevation.net/
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE | Commercial Register Osnabrück, HR B 18998