[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn dimension property

Rob Agar robagar at westnet.com.au
Fri Apr 20 01:31:31 PDT 2007

Nicolas Ribot wrote:
>> btw, is there a (concise) reference list of the geometrical data types?
>>   I don't seem to be able to find one via google.
>
> Here:
> http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#RefObject

thanks, I found that one but it's a litle *too* concise!  For instance,
it doesn't actually say what a LINESTRING is.  I guess it's a series of
straight line segments joined together, but I hate assuming things like
that.

I can't be the first noob to be frustrated & annoyed by things described
as "Well Known", without any explanation for those who don't know!

Rob