[postgis-users] Metadata

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Thu Apr 26 03:06:28 PDT 2007

Javier,

Well you have touched on a topic of hot discussion, and there has been a lot going on in relation to this.  I think GeoNetwork and Omar are your two solutions, certainly I put in a spatial extension to omar that used PostGIS, and you can register your data / services and classify it.  Links are here;

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/EbRIM

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Community/ogc

I developed this with the thought well it works for me, hopefully it will be of use to someone else, and am trying to stay out of the debates about whether the OGC got it right or wrong with their CSW ebRIM profile.

Norman