[postgis-users] Optimizations: splitting large features

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Fri Apr 27 13:46:41 PDT 2007

Which involves learning PGSQL.  Which I'll have to do, eventually.

It's not clear to me that this approach would work for polygons, but
it's not clear to me that I'm having this problem with anything but
linestrings, so that probably doesn't matter.  (I sometimes have to draw
maps showing hundreds of linear features criss-crossing over an area.
When I have hundreds of two-dimensional overlapping features, my maps
always seem to involve displaying just a few of them.)