[postgis-users] Generic Solution to Nearest Neighbor problem

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Aug 1 04:20:44 PDT 2007

I'm hoping this will be of some benefit to others.  I've read a lot of
posts about people trying solve various nearest neighbor like problems.
After running into this stumbling block myself and using various
unsatisfying workarounds for it, I think I have finally stumbled across
a decent solution that is fairly cookie cutter and it is faster than
others I have tried in the past.  I haven't stress tested it yet though.

I've documented the details of it here if anyone is interested.

http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgis_neare
st_neighbor_generic

Thanks,
Regina