[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.3.0 Released

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Aug 12 10:47:33 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 19:23 +0200, Nicolaas Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed that there is a trunk directory inside the tar archive that
> duplicates the root directories.  Some of the files in the trunk
> directory have timestamps later than that in the root.
>
> e.g.
>
> Version.config
>
> Regards
> Nicolaas

Indeed. In fact, the source tarball has doubled from 2MB to 4MB for the
latest release :(

As Nicolaas suggests, there is another complete checkout of SVN trunk in
the trunk subdirectory. A quick diff shows that the version in the root
of the tarball is RC5, while the contents of the trunk subdirectory
looks like the proper 1.3.0 release.

So anyone who has already built the source from the tarball will
actually show a version of 1.3.0RC5 instead of 1.3.0 when doing a SELECT
postgis_full_version().

Kind regards,

Mark.

--