[postgis-users] dblink experiences? multiple geom copies in multiple databases

John Smith jayzee.smith at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:02:23 PDT 2007

given this:
- cluster
-- database
--- schema (except public schema can be accessed from outside)
---- table, function etc
it means (and i didn't want to accept this conclusion) most postgis
shops have 1 kick-ass database for all their geom and related non-geom
tables separated by named schemas. users, permissions etc are all
restricted by these named schemas and *all* geom tables are contained
in this monster database (to avoid duplication).

well that'll certainly ease administration :).

On 8/11/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
> In what respect do you find that postgis doesn't support multiple
> schemas?  We generally install postgis in 'public.' and create lots
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-January/010602.html
jzs