[postgis-users] monthly climate query

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Aug 14 13:31:50 PDT 2007

I will give this a try Robert. Thanks. The daily query is working and
I think you are visualizing the math correctly. I probably do not
need the -999 replacement (actually, as I think about it, the -999
replacement would quite mess up the monthly averages since the
replacement algorithm finds the average monthly value for all
years...  some years are missing all data from some months). You
suggestion to group on month and year should take care of that.

the obs_id column is simply a concatenated unique value to insure
that there is no data duplication. If memory serves it is a
combination of station_id, year, month, day.