[postgis-users] what function to "dissolve" data?

Andreas Laggner andreas.laggner at fal.de
Thu Aug 16 02:04:17 PDT 2007

Moin Robert,

thanks for your reply. I use this statement now:

create table atkisvegddis(oba integer, land character varying(2)) with oids;
select addgeometrycolumn('','atkisvegddis','geom','31467','MULTIPOLYGON',2);
insert into atkisvegddis
    select oba, land, memgeomunion(geom) from atkisvegd
    group by oba, land;

it seems this function takes some time.....atkisvegd has 7,2 million
polygons (postgis takes one hour so far and still working) or did i
something wrong?

hasta luego         Andreas

--
Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner
Institut für Ländliche Räume (LR)

Institute of Rural Studies
Federal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL)

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 5515
Fax: (+49) (0)531 596 5599