[postgis-users] Mac OS X installation problem - no "coveredby" in liblwgeom.1.3.so"

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Aug 18 10:19:04 PDT 2007

I'm looking at this now, for updating my OSX PostGIS distribution.  I
was able to successfully upgrade an older postgis DB with
lwpostgis_upgrade.sql - it adds the _ST_CoveredBy function exactly
like lwpostgis.sql.  No errors finding the coveredby function.

I also build with the --with-pgsql flag, so postgis is installed
inside the postgres dir.

On Aug 18, 2007, at 11:01 AM, Webb Sprague wrote:

>> I must confess I've never used the --with-libdir arguments to
>> configure
>> - I've always gone for explicit --with-pgsql, --with-geos, and
>> --with-proj switches. If you check
>> the /usr/local/postgis-1.3.1/share/lwpostgis.sql, does it contain the
>> correct path to liblwgeom.1.3.so?
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, lwpostgis.sql contains the correct path - in fact, the previous
> line of SQL  works just fine and finds liblwgeom for other functions.
> It is only this line and subsequent that fails.
>
> I intsalled geos right before building installing postgis.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy