[postgis-users] ST_GeomUnion, ST_Union

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Aug 22 05:19:40 PDT 2007

I notice that in the 1.3.1 that the aggregate function is called
ST_Union instead of ST_GeomUnion  and that the regular function is
called

ST_GeomUnion(geom, geom)

Since the old aggregate was call GeomUnion I had assumed the new would
just have an ST_ prepended to it.

I assume this is intended because of some OGC requirement.  I'm just
wondering why they aren't named consistently the same like
ST_collect aggregate and regular functions.

Thanks,
Regina