[postgis-users] simple spatial sql question

Andreas Laggner andreas.laggner at fal.de
Thu Aug 23 07:19:33 PDT 2007

Hi Sean,

I am a newbie to but perhaps i can help you.....i do not use "AS" in the
end oh the create table but an ";" to set the end of the statement.
I copy a intersection-statement from my collection that worked....

create table intersect_gf3(gid integer) with oids;
select
addgeometrycolumn('','intersect_gf3','the_geom','31467','MULTIPOLYGON',2);
/(alter table intersect_gf3 drop constraint enforce_geotype_the_geom;)
THIS LINE IS ONLY NEEDED IF YOUR CONSTRAINT MAKES TROUBLE/
insert into intersect_gf3
    select t1.gid,intersection(t1.the_geom, t2.the_geom)
    from gf_veg1 t1, gf_clc t2
    where t1.the_geom && t2.the_geom;

Sean Grimland schrieb:
> I am a newbie to sql and am having a problem with this
> query.  The explain query tool in pgAdmin says that
> there is a syntax error near the SELECT but I can't
> figure out what the error is.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> CREATE TABLE hydro.bra_hydro as
> SELECT intersectsion(r.the_geom, m.the_geom) AS
> intersection_geom,
> r.*
> FROM hydro.watrcrsl AS r, cadastre.countries_2004 AS m
> WHERE r.the_geom && m.the_geom
> AND intersects(r.the_geom, m.the_geom)
> AND m.iso_3digit = 'BRA';
>

> Sean

Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner
Institut für Ländliche Räume (LR)
Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft (FAL)

Institute of Rural Studies
Federal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL)

Bundesallee 50
D-38116 Braunschweig

Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 5515
Fax: (+49) (0)531 596 5599