[postgis-users] Help finding information on creating a "Heat Map"

volunteer at spatiallink.org volunteer at spatiallink.org
Thu Aug 23 14:01:19 PDT 2007

http://www.geoiq.com/
sincerely
siva

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [postgis-users] Help finding information on creating a "Heat
Map"
From: "Woody Woodring" <george.woodring at iglass.net>
Date: Thu, August 23, 2007 4:52 pm
To: <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

I am looking for information/advice on creating a "surface theme layer"
or
"Heat map layer" on my map.

I currently have my data stored as points in Postgres/Postgis database
and
need to output as continuous color gradation layer on Google maps. My
current uninformed thinking is as follows:

1) Convert the point info into some other spatial representation in the
database
2) Use GeoServer to create a WMS layer using the new representation.

Woody

iGLASS Networks
211-A S. Salem St
Apex NC 27502