[postgis-users] Moving PostGIS tables between different PGSQL+PostGIS versions

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Thu Aug 30 08:12:42 PDT 2007

You don't need to dump the entire database, you can use pg_dump to dump
one table:

pg_dump -t my_table my_old_db | psql my_new_db

This may fail if foreign keys are referencing non-existent tables in the
new database, but for the most part, it's tried and true.

Don't forget to update the geometry_columns table in your new db.

Cheers,
Kevin.